The GREEN Power Super Smoothie
This GREEN Vitamix smoothie recipe is full of delicious and nutritious fruits and veggies which will provide you with an abundance of vitamins, nutrients and fibre-rich “fillers” to help keep you satisfied. It’s a meal in a drink, and a very yummy one at that!
- 1-2 medium slices of honeydew melon
- 2 large slices of pineapple
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 & 1/2 carrots
- 1/2 lime (with peel, and I suggest organic if you include peel!)
- 1 orange
- 1 kiwi
- 2 kale leaves
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ice
- Turn your Vitamix “ON”
- Turn the speed dial down to 1
- Press “START”
- Blend on 1 for a few second, turning up to 3-4. If you need to give your ingredients a mix with the tamper to get rid of any air pockets, go ahead now before you turn onto higher power.
- Blend on HIGH for approximately 60-75 seconds.
- Turn speed down slowly reaching back to 1
- Turn your Vitamix “OFF”
- Serve in a large glass
- Always make sure your Vitamix is plugged into a grounded outlet and NOT an extension cord
- Allow the Vitamix to come to a complete STOP before removing your blender
- NEVER leave your Vitamix plugged in if you are cleaning parts